Friday, March 20, 2009

Cast adrift at sea – what do you think about?



It never fails – 20 minutes splashing about in open water in a flimsy bathing suit makes a quick lunch at my favorite fast food joint a real treat and despite the fact that Fisherman's Wharf is a mob scene, I find myself soldiering on through the noisy rabble to order. Eons pass and my number is called – a tray of greasy goodness is thrust my way. The 10 minutes wait has allowed a miserable chill to now visibly take hold of me and I can barely subdue the shaky knees and wild watery eyes. Finding an unoccupied table is all but impossible - especially when looking as unwelcome as a hyena, so the option is to head outside, past the street hucksters and entertainers skillfully snaring willing tourists, and dive up an alley before I can tuck in.

Is it really is worth it? You betcha – for the visual effect alone.


1 comment: